Though the name may be new to you, Raymond James is a fast-growing wealth management business, supporting 102 commercially independent practices located throughout the UK, representing a mix of well-regarded private client investment managers, stockbrokers and investment focused financial planners. Commencing operation in 2001, Raymond James now has over 31,000 accounts representing total client assets of £8.73 billion (as of 31st December 2017).
Our proposition is straightforward and appealing – providing the intimacy of a small local practice backed by the resources and strength of a large financial services organisation. We understand the financial needs of successful people and have a deep knowledge of investment principles, tax rules and wealth structuring.
We are now searching for our Spring/Summer 2018 Interns
If you are looking for an internship that offers you the chance of challenging and engaging paid work experience in a successful environment, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Placements are open to candidates for a 12-week duration and are situated at our branch offices based in Market Harborough and Oakham.
During the Internship you will:
- Have the opportunity to study towards an industry recognised investment qualification
- Shadow experienced financial services professionals
- Work on a business-focussed project
- Be considered for permanent roles
Who we are looking for
Naturally we want candidates who have an interest in financial services and see themselves pursuing a career in the industry. To be successful in our application process, additionally you will:
- Have a drive to succeed and be tenacious in wanting to complete tasks to a high standard
- Be willing to learn. The study plan is intensive and you will need to commit time to successfully navigate the challenging examination timetable
- Have a professional and personable manner. Most importantly, our business is about building relationships both within the team and with our clients. You’ll be able to contribute individually and achieve key objectives, but equally you can create a collaborative atmosphere within the team
- Possess the ability to write coherently and have excellent oral communication skills
- Be numerically literate and with the capability to explain financial data in straightforward terms
- Have achieved (or be expected to achieve) a good degree, or have the ability to demonstrate degree level thinking
- Demonstrate unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
If you are interested in joining us and developing your career with a local investment expert that has the backing of a global organisation, then please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining your interest in the role to [email protected]
Sorry, we are unable to deal with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
We do not accommodate speculative enquiries from recruitment agencies. All personal details given to us are treated with the strictest confidence.