Our affiliation with Raymond James gives us access to leading investment services, technology, research and operational support.
Offering exemplary service for all customers is core to our service proposition and includes:
• Local community based offices
• Fee based advice and a clear, fair charging structure
• Whole of market investment advice
• Regular face to face personal service
• Consolidation of investments and simplification of administration
• Tax efficiency (ISAs, CGTs & SIPPs)
• Free initial consultation
• Home visits
• Online access to track your investments
Assets are held through our custodian Pershing Securities Limited. Client assets are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) for eligable claimants.
Pershing Securities Limited is a member of the London Stock Exchange and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Raymond James Loan Account
What is the Raymond James Loan Account?
A loan product provided by Raymond James in conjunction with Pershing Securities Limited (PSL) that offers you the opportunity to borrow against your General Investment Account (GIA) and Individual Savings Account (ISA) held at PSL. You can borrow money against eligible securities at competitive interest rates whilst continuing to trade your holdings, up to an established credit limit, provided that the required 65% Loan to Value ratio (LTV), which is the amount of the outstanding loan versus the amount of eligible securities held in your account, is maintained. The minimum portfolio size within the Market Harborough and Oakham branches is £250,000.
For further information click here.
Our Discretionary Managed Service takes care of the day-to-day management of your portfolio allowing you to have peace of mind that we are taking full advantage of investment opportunities as they arise.
Your family or your business finances do not have to be complicated when you have a Wealth Manager that you can trust. At Raymond James we take the time to get to know you and your specific circumstances, enabling us to plan and invest for your future.
An investment portfolio will be tailored to your specific needs and will be within agreed parameters that aim to meet your investment objectives. We closely monitor the performance of your investments in line with our latest research and best conviction ideas from the extensive global research we draw upon.
All clients have the option to benefit from ongoing face to face reviews with a personalised service from your own investment manager assigned to make sure there is continuity of service.
You can also monitor your portfolio securely online via Investor Access™ which is our online portal where you can produce valuations and reports to demonstrate ongoing returns from each investment within your portfolio.
This service integrates elements of fundamental financial analysis, asset allocation, selection, plan implementation and ongoing monitoring of investments.
As part of the core discretionary service clients receive:
Portfolio Construction & Asset Allocation
• A comprehensive financial overview, introduction and fact find in order to understand our client’s needs and objectives.
• We take time to get to know your family circumstances, attitude to risk and Inheritance Tax (IHT) plans.
• We’ll build a tailored solution and detailed investment strategy.
• We perform the exercise of allocating funds among diverse assets which exhibit different market dynamics because the way a portfolio is structured will have a significant effect on its performance.
• If you already have a portfolio of investments, we can assess their suitability to establish if they meet your current investment objectives.
Ongoing Management & Reviews
• Ongoing reviews as we expect to meet with you at least once a year to carry out a full review for consistent communication and service.
• Portfolio monitoring on a day to day basis to ensure the investments continue to match your objectives.
• Access to our best ideas and research which focuses on creating a portfolio that is tax efficient, low cost and transparent.
• We’ll provide you with regular detailed reports of your portfolio’s composition and performance.
• Raymond James Investor Access™ portal enables you to view the most up-to-date information about your holdings in an easy-to-use format and is a convenient way to view detailed information about your account – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – via any computer, smart phone or tablet.
Discretionary management can be appropriate for the following range of accounts including:
• General Investment accounts & ISAs
• SIPPs & SSASs
• Charities and Trusts
• Offshore and Onshore Bonds
• Corporate Accounts
Professional management of a variety of securities in order to meet the specific investment goals of our investors:
• Exchange Traded Funds
• Collective Funds
Our investment approach is driven by time tested principles of focussed quality research, portfolio diversification and a disciple long-term horizon.
At the heart of this service are our Wealth Managers, Stockbrokers and Financial Advisers, who are always at hand to point investors in the right direction. Our highly qualified and experienced Wealth Managers will always conduct a thorough assessment of each individual client’s needs and risk profile, formulating a tailored investment strategy to recommend the most appropriate investment solution for each client.
In an ever changing market, we still believe in building portfolios of enduring quality and helping clients to avoid the pitfalls that erode wealth.
Aim BPR Inheritance Tax Solution
At the Raymond James Market Harborough and Oakham branches we specialise in helping our clients pass on their wealth as tax efficiently as possible.
Business Property Relief is the 100% Inheritance Tax (IHT) relief which applies to qualifying business property. Established since 1976, it applies to certain unquoted trading businesses and companies listed on the London Stock Exchange's Alternative Investment Market (AIM). Through investing in these companies, the capital becomes exempt from IHT after a holding period of two years.
As an option for IHT relief for our clients, we offer the 100% equity BPR portfolio as a way to reduce IHT liability while also retaining an element of control over capital.
Our AIM BPR Portfolio
Our AIM BPR portfolio is a discretionary managed portfolio of companies which qualify for Business Property Relief (BPR), thus potentially reducing the Inheritance Tax liability on investor assets. The portfolio consists of a specific selection of established smaller, high growth companies listed on the London Stock Exchange's Alternative Investment Market (AIM). Through this investment option, along with the all-important IHT relief, investors are offered the potential for returns above inflation and income in the form of dividends, whilst retaining control over their capital.
The AIM portfolio constituents are selected using both technical and fundamental analysis to ascertain our views on the long-term growth prospects of each firm. The portfolio is diversified between market sectors allowing investors to potentially benefit from a group of stocks that are intended to complement each other in the long term. Holdings are analysed on a regular basis by our investment team and in-branch analyst, who works to identify new opportunities and possible threats to the portfolio.
Mr Smith has an Estate which includes his house, investments and cash savings of £725,000. He is now 72 years old and is looking for a way to minimise death duties on his estate. He does not want to give away funds absolutely to his children or place them into a trust. He wants to maintain control over his funds as he’s concerned he may need to pay for care costs in the future but at the same time he wants to reduce the inheritance tax his two children would have to pay on their equal share of his estate.
|Taking no action||Investing in AIM portfolio|
|Total Estate Value||£725,000||£725,000|
|Less £325,000 NRB Allowance||£400,000||£400,000|
|Amount invested in AIM Portfolio||£0||£200,000|
|Amount subject to IHT||£400,000||£200,000|
|Possible Saving on IHT Bill||£0||£80,000|
Rather than paying £160,000 in IHT, by investing £200,0000 in the AIM portfolio, Mr Smith has halved his IHT bill to £80,000, leaving more behind for his children.
The key advantages of this IHT planning option are:
- It’s Simple: BPR is one of the more simplistic methods of IHT reduction and remains separate from your existing portfolios.
- It’s Quick: Relief from IHT is relatively quick- capital is exempt after just two years.
- It gives you access to your capital: Investors retain access to their capital throughout and can make withdrawals or additions.
- Optional Income: Investors may choose to take income from the portfolio
- Capital Growth: The portfolio aims to provide capital growth above inflation.
- ISA benefits: Investors have the option to hold the portfolio in their ISAs, allowing them to also benefit from no Capital Gains Tax, and no Income Tax on dividends.
- Trusts benefits: Investments that qualify for BPR and have been held for over 2 years can be transferred into trust and avoid the chargeable tax of 20% when the amount is over the nil-rate band.
The possible risks of this IHT planning option are:
- Risk to Initial Capital: There is no guarantee that the capital will be protected given this 100% equity strategy.
- Tax rules may change: This article explains the current legislation and there is no guarantee that this will not change in future.
- Not all investments may qualify for BPR: In certain circumstances, some investments may not satisfy BPR criteria and therefore may fall outside of the estate upon death.
- AIM shares are more illiquid in nature: AIM shares are typically smaller companies with less actively traded markets, therefore may experience occasional problems with liquidity.
- Investing in the AIM portfolio should be regarded as a higher risk, long term investment: This solution should only be considered alongside an existing estate planning strategy, with higher risk owing to the nature of AIM stocks and a 100% Equity portfolio.
Given the potential risks these investments should only be considered in specific circumstances and would not be suitable to all investors. To speak to one of our advisers about whether this solution would be suitable for you, contact us today.
"At Raymond James Market Harborough I have always been made to feel that my investments are in safe hands. Here you are not just an account number and as a client you are well looked after and valued. I would never hesitate to recommend their services be your portfolio large or small."
Tony Johnson, Kibworth Beauchamp